Who are we?
HeadsUP Mental Health Awareness Ltd wants to get everyone talking about their mental health as freely as we talk about our physical health. We predominately work with young people, promoting understanding, raising awareness and breaking down the stigma that surrounds mental health issues.
What we want to achieve?
The three main aims of HeadsUP Mental Health Awareness are:
- To get young people confident in talking about mental health
- To empower and equip young people to look after their mental health
- To educate young people on the positive relationship between mental and physical health
My name is Paula Baker, I live in Exmouth with my husband and two children. We’re an active family who love being outdoors on the beach, walking and playing sport.
I’ve worked in the mental health field for 8 years and in education for 5 years. I have a Psychology Degree (BSc) and a Postgraduate Certificate in Child and Adolescent Mental Health. I am also a qualified Youth Mental Health First Aider and have a diploma in Life Coaching. I hold an enhanced DBS (CRB) certificate for working with children, teenagers and vulnerable adults.
My three passions in life are working with young people, sport and getting people talking about mental health. I’ve combined these passions to create and deliver HeadsUP Mental Health Awareness Limited.
- 1 in 4 people across the UK are affected every year by mental health issues.
- 1 in 10 children aged 5-16 years have a diagnosable mental health problem.
- Early intervention and promoting positive mental health in young people has been proven to improve a range of positive outcomes throughout their lives.
- Mental Illness is the single largest cause of disability in the UK. It is the largest cost to the NHS.
- Research has shown that in many cases physical activity is as effective as medication in treating depression.
- Physical activity has been proven to improve feelings of well-being, reduce levels of stress and anxiety and improve self-esteem and confidence.
Free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.
Online support for young people and parents.
Specialist advice on accommodation, sexual health and counselling.
Information, advice and guidance on mental health.
This site is designed to help you think about emotional problems and work towards solving them.
Get in touch:
We are a Limited by Guarantee Company no:11578123 (non-profit organisation).